Grievance Redress Mechanism
Develop a mechanism to address the grievances/complaints of the stakeholders about the program timely and fairly.
- Facilitate the implementation of BNPMC in an effective and transparent manner.
- Act as a bridge between the target communities and implementation partners through improved coordination.
- Ensure activities and services are conducted as per the project standards and protocols.
Levels of GRM
1. Community/Health Facility Level
Lady Health Supervisor & Health Facility Staff (MOs at BHUs) are responsible for registration and responding to the complaints lodged against LHWs or OTP staff with regard to the provision of services or project supplies. The maximum time to respond to the complaints is one week. In addition, any suggestions and ways to improve the effectiveness of the program will be entertained. Registry of the complaints / suggestions is maintained.
2. District Level
DHOs and District Coordination Committee is the forum to respond to the complaints of the communities/stake holders, implementation partners or any other with regard to the provision of nutrition services with a particular focus on vulnerable population including women and monitories.
3. Provincial level
BNPMC and DoH through DGHS office are responsible to address the complaints lodged against the district level issues including provision of nutrition services at the district level, complaints of the partners and stake holders and any issues of implementation highlighted by the staff.
Complaints Management Committee
At the provincial level CMC (Complaints Management Committee) under the Championship of DG Health has been notified with the Program Director as Secretary of the committee. CMC deals with the complaints unresolved at the district level and any complaints regarding procurement, contracts, NGOs matters are entertained.
Options to register Grievances/Complaints
- Complaint box and banners at Health facilities provide name and contact details for the registration of complaints with BNPMC provincial office. DNOs and NGO focal persons are to ensure GRM complaint boxes and banners available through out the health facilities in districts.
Universal Access Number (UAN)
- Mobile number for the registration of complaints through SMS which feed into the server at provincial level, where it is captured by the M&E on monthly basis. The contact numbers are displayed by posters/banners and through tickers telecast on local TV cable network at the district level.
- The icon “contact us” displayed on dash board of the website allows users to register complaints and provide feedback on the quality and benefits of implementation at the grass root level.
- All health facilities are provided with the Banners and complaint drop boxes for the registration of any complaints. DNOs are responsible for taking actions and respond timely. Refer the complaints to PMU if he can not remove them at the DCC level. Issue pertaining to gender are addressed with inputs from Provincial office
- Postal address displayed on banners/posters/tickers etc.